Sierra View is excited to announce a new position that will be available this summer!
Student Ministries Pastor
Our church is in search of a dynamic young couple to lead our growing student ministry full time. The ideal candidate will work well with an existing team, and will connect well with youth and their parents. As we continue to grow, we desire an outreach oriented youth pastor, who can bring life giving messages in a creative and fun environment.
We are looking for a strong communicator, with high character with an obvious passion for a growing deep relationship with Christ. A commitment to reaching the un-churched as well as challenging youth to grow in their relationship with Christ is crucial. The primary focus of youth ministry at SVBC should be concentrated on discipleship with a blend of activities and events, the emphasis being focused on but not limited to middle school and high school students primarily. This position also requires the overseeing of the children’s ministries as well. The youth pastor would communicate clearly with all staff and in accord with, and accountable to, the Senior Pastor.
Ministry responsibilities include but are not limited to: ensuring the weekly planning and conducting of youth activities/events/programs, including a weekly youth worship service. The Pastor of Student Ministries, as a valuable member of the staff, will also contribute to the programs and plans for the entire church family. He will be expected to support the regular services of the church and encourage the youth to do likewise.
The following is the job description for this position:
PASTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES – SIERRA VIEW BAPTIST CHURCH OF RENO, NV
The Youth Ministries Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle school and high school students (grades 6 through 12). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events as indicated. Several areas below overlap but are separated for clarification.
Essential Job Functions
- Integrate the mission/vision statement of the SVBC and derive a similarly relevant mission statement and branding for youth.
- Lead a team of volunteers in the creation and operation of a youth ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
- Educate, encourage and facilitate youth to participate in evangelical and missional outreach locally with peers and community and worldwide.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for youth including the weekly youth driven worship.
- Cast vision for, teach, and program any retreat or camp for youth through utilization of music selection, development of messages/teaching, and use of games and other artistic elements to inspire students to learn about God.
- Create and manage a youth ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic youth parent meetings in order to engage and update families of youth attending SVBC.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of facilities and grounds.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for youth ministries and manage spending this budget.
- Be an active presence in local high schools scheduling periodic visits to interact with students at school.
- Function as a member of the pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as related to the needs of the youth.
- SVBC membership, and faithful church attendance and tithing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in church ministry or possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in biblical studies or related field. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will have a Christian profession, and be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching students about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is a real plus.
Position Structure and Level
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Category: Regular Full-Time
Staff Designation: Pastoral Staff
Please fill out the employment application below to apply for this position. We will be holding a 30 day application period between May 15 & June 15, 2017. Those individuals who are selected for the interview process will be contacted to schedule a series of formal interviews.